Parks & Playgrounds
Victoria Park, Newbury, RG14 1DJ
Victoria Park is located a stones throw away from the heart of Newbury, sandwiched between Parkway Shopping & the A338 with the Kennet & Avon canal lying to the south.
Victoria Park has a generous amount of grassed area boasting a bandstand, bowls court, tennis courts, adventure golf, splash pad, playground – with baby & toddler section & older children’s section, exercise equipment, skate park & a mini lake – There really is something for everyone! You will also find a hut serving ice cream & refreshments.
- For more information on the 18 hole, wildlife themed Adventure Golf Course click HERE. West Berkshire Family Life Membership card holders can enjoy a 10% discount – just show you card at the kiosk!
- To find information for booking the tennis courts or membership click HERE
- The splash park is open from mid-May to mid-September from 10:30am-5pm
Donnington Castle Park, Donnington, RG14 2LE
Donnington Castle Playground is situated just down the road from Donnington Castle an English Heritage site. The playground is set within a recreation ground of a large open expanse of grass. The play area consists of a small fenced off section and a larger section which features a big wooden play castle very fitting of it’s surroundings, with lots of different elements. There is also a zip wire, swings, roundabout, see-saw and more. There is a free car park just off the road.
Snelsmore Country Park, Newbury, RG14 3BQ
- There is a cafe called ‘The Snugg’ and toilets with disabled access.
- There is a picnic area with benches and a large field often popular for picnics in the summertime
- There is plenty of free car parking space open from 8am-8pm
- Dogs are welcome politely asked to be kept on leads on the main common during the bird nesting season (1 March – 31 July)
- For more information click HERE